Looking through the iPod games on iTunes I started to think about what other kinds of games could be converted to play on the iPod. I figured that most classic games would be able to and some of them would be fantastic on the iPod. The two I would like to see on the small screen the most are "Asteroids" and "Space Invaders".

Think about it, these games would be perfect for the ipod Click wheel and I'm sure that Apple wouldn't have a problem trying to sell these classic games to iPod users.

I'm Sure that Space Invaders would work great with a simple touch on either side of the click wheel moving the Spaceship sideways like in the iPod game "PAC-MAN". Then you could simply click the center button to fire, simple, yet hours of fun.

As for Asteroids it could have a system of rotating kind of like in "Vortex". You simply move your thumb around the click wheel and the Spaceship rotates as your thumb goes. It might also have an option for the Spaceship to face the direction in which your thumb is on the click wheel. Then to fire once again simply press the middle button. I'm not sure about the Hyperspace Jumping on the iPod version of the game but maybe the side buttons of the click wheel could be used since they won't affect the game.

I'm sure there are plenty more older games that would fit the iPod perfectly but those are the two gmes that I would like to see on My iPod in the near future.

iPod Joel

0 comments